ABA Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP)
*For a limited time only, Victoria Transcultural Clinical Center is offering SIGN ON BONUSES to ABA therapists for the Virginia counties of Loudoun, Prince William, Fairfax, and City of Alexandria, and Arlington. Hired candidates must maintain a minimum of two cases of 20 hours each for a minimum of six months to qualify for a Sign-on Bonus. Bonus levels are based upon knowledge, experience, willingness to accept cases, and willingness to travel. Once current cases are staffed, this special offer will be removed. Please do not miss this opportunity– do send us your updated resume and cover letter explaining your experiences with special needs populations today.*
Flexibility, supervision, independence — we give you all of that in one position. For those who are passionate, dedicated, and have experience and training in working with children/adolescents who present intellectual disabilities, developmental disabilities, and/or Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), we have the perfect position for you.
Who are we?
We are Victoria Transcultural Clinical Center (VTCC), one of the longest running privately owned, professional, ethical, and multicultural mental health agencies in the Northern Virginia region.
Who are our clients?
Our programs target underserved children, youth, and families belonging to diverse communities located in the Northern Virginia area.
What is the position we are looking to fill?
We are now looking for Intensive In-home mental health professionals who have experience with Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA).
What are the benefits of working at VTCC as an ABA Therapist?
This job provides a flexible work schedule AND extensive, valuable clinical experience, together with on-site and office training, as well as clinical supervision by a respected BCBA-D while working with diverse populations in an Intensive In-home Program. This experience can be used towards obtaining direct client contact hours for BCBA/LBA licensure and/or graduate programs related with this professional field internship requirements.
Who is your ideal candidate?
Our ideal candidate is bilingual, has a multicultural outlook, and is at all times able to work in the Client’s home, school, and community, and must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills that match their knowledge of ABA.
- Candidate must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited four year US degree granting university/college in ABA, psychology, special education, social work, speech language pathology, or any related field; Master’s degree Preferred.
- Continued employment at VTCC depends completely on a candidate being able to consistently provide interventions in locations within our service area. Please note that our clients are located within Northern Virginia, which includes Loudoun county, Fairfax county (4 regions), Prince William county, Loudoun County, and City of Alexandria and Arlington. Cases will always be clustered, to ensure efficient travel on the part of the candidate.
- Candidate must have experience working with ages 3-21.
- Candidate must demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively, written and verbal, with parents, caregivers, teachers, and community members.
- Candidate must have excellent time-management and organization skills.
- Candidate must adhere to a high level of professional and ethical standards (in accordance with Virginia State Licensure regulations.)
- Candidate will preferably be multicultural or well-versed in interacting with multicultural populations.
- Candidate will preferably be bilingual in English and any language that corresponds to the diverse demographics of the Northern Virginia region. For example, Spanish, Arabic, Urdu, Vietnamese, Korean, etc.
Candidate is required to attend weekly supervision meetings in our Fairfax, VA location as per Virginia state Licensure regulations.
- Candidate is required to have her or his own reliable transportation.
- Candidate is required to own and competently operate a laptop and cellular phone.
• Working with at-risk-children and youth and Autism (ASD), Intellectually Disabled, Developmental delays : 1 year
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by submitting a detailed resume and hourly rate expectation. This can be a full time (40-50 hrs. /week) or part-time (20-30 hrs. /week) opportunity.
Job Type: Full-time
QMHPs will be providing services to clients in their homes and/or communities, located within Northern Virginia, which includes Loudoun county, Fairfax county (4 regions), Prince William county, and City of Alexandria and Arlington.
• Working with at-risk-children and youth and Autism(ASD),Intellectual Disabilities, Developmental delays: 1 year
• SPANISH, ARABIC, KOREAN, VIETNAMESE, FARSI, URDU, and other languages that represent the various diverse populations present in Northern Virginia.