Qualified Behavioral Technician (ABA); Part time, in-home sessions
Mental Health Services Agency
Victoria Transcultural Clinical Center – Fairfax, VA
The organization remains committed to provide mental health care support during this pandemic, the candidate must be ready to provide interventions and support at home, at community, or at any other designated place. The required masks, gloves, sanitizers, and face shield etc. shall be provided for visitations.
Victoria Transcultural Clinical Center (VTCC) provides programs to underserved children, youth and families from a range of diverse cultural, ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds in Northern Virginia. We offer a work environment built on collaboration, innovation, creativity and belonging, and our collective success grows from the robust exchange of ideas. We find this exchange works best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experience flourishes. Join us and share your voice!
QBT provides 1:1 applied behavior analysis (ABA) services to clients in clinical, home or community settings under the supervision of a licensed BCBA/BCaBA through the implementation of individualized behavior plans and treatment plans developed by BCBA/BCaBA. This is a part-time opportunity (20 – 30 weekly hours) and requires driving to clients’ locations within Northern Virginia to provide ABA interventions.
- Must comply with schedule arranged by VTCC scheduler
- Ensure a minimum of 20 hours per week for work, depending on needs of client
- Must provide availability for Fall, Spring, and Summer as specified by VTCC
- Must participate in regular staff meetings and trainings
- Must comply with supervisor recommended training
- Must attend social group depending on client need and supervisor recommendations
- Provide documentation as specified by office
- Must participate weekly supervision in person or via VSEE
- Comply with supervisor instruction on supervision
- Provide direct client care in 1:1 utilizing a combination of intensive teaching and natural environment training arrangements
- Follow the prescribed behavioral skill acquisition and behavior reduction protocols written by a licensed individual
- Follow and record data for prescribed toilet training protocols
- Collect, record, and summarize data on observable client behavior
- Assist with parent and caregiver training in line with client’s individualized treatment and behavior reduction protocols
- Care coordination: Effectively communicate with parents and caregivers regarding client progress as instructed by the Board-Certified Behavior Analyst/Board Certified Assistant Behavior Analyst, LBT, professionals related with client’s medical condition
- Case management: Collaborate with treatment team including client, parents and caregivers, outside professionals, Lead Behavioral Technician in regard to social welfare
- Utilize safe & appropriate handing procedures when working with clients as specified in Handle with care Training
- Maintain client confidentiality
- Assist Lead Behavioral Technician (RBT), Behavior Analysts (BCBA/BCaBA), with skill acquisition and behavior reduction assessments
- Prepare client materials as needed by treatment plan
- Maintain a clean, safe, and organized work and therapy environment
- Maintain and acquire technical knowledge by attending trainings
- Timely documentation of services should be completed by end of day which services were rendered
- Objective documentation of services correctly located in SKILLS under session notes: documentation content needs to be 2-3 sentences with treatment plan data. One paragraph per hour if data could not be collected. Notes need to be approved by supervisor or the session cannot be paid for. Can be applied retroactively
- ABC data collection of new behaviors as requested by supervisor on paper.
- Arriving to session on time with charged iPad/tablet
- iPad/tablet needs to have password and changed monthly
- Respond to VTCC Admin staff, Supervisor, ABA program director or Lead Behavior Technician within 24 hours
- Additional responsibilities to be assigned and are subject to change based on regulation changes from funding source and company standards
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to accept constructive feedback and develop knowledge and skill sets as specified by supervisors based on the individual treatment plan and behavior intervention plan
- Effective time management skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks at one time
- Open written and verbal communication skills with supervisor, lead behavior technician, parents and authorized professionals involved with client
- Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships with clients, co-workers, supervisors, and authorized 3rd party involvement with case
- Ability to adhere to VTCC’s organizational policies and procedures and abide by code of ethics as indicated by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board Commitment to maintain client confidentiality and adhere to HIPAA laws
- Commitment to ongoing training and development as it relates to clinical skills, professional development, ethics, and technology, and training in order to perform job responsibilities to required standard
- Ability to interpret and implement clinical protocols as written
- Safety recommendations on personal presentation as referred to clothing, adequate shoes, accessories (closed toe shoes, long sleeve shirt, minimal jewelry)
· High School diploma
· Bilingual candidates in English/Spanish encouraged to apply. Please indicate it on the resume
· Valid driver’s license
· Reliable transportation
· Access to hotspot or Wi-Fi sharing
· Ability to drive between various locations to provide client services
· Flexibility with schedule, including evenings and weekends
· Must qualify the RBT exam within 60 days of joining the team. In this regard 40 hours of training needed for mandatory practicum will be provided including facilitation to appear in the exam. VTCC would bear the cost of all course materials, training and examination fees etc.
** Since the organization remains committed to provide mental health care support during this pandemic, the candidate must be ready to provide interventions and support at home, at community, or at any other designated place. The required masks, gloves, sanitizers, and face shield shall be provided for visitations.
· Compensation on W-2 commensurate with experience and education.
· In addition, Risk Pay would be admissible until the emergency is lifted in the state of Virginia.
· In field training led by Lead Behavior Technician
· Paid miles/travel
· Paid training
· Paid overtime for holidays
· Performance incentives
· Paid BCaBA, BCBA and RBT supervision for eligible candidates who meet qualifications
· FIT (Florida Institute of Technology graduate ABA program) approved practicum guidance
· Teamwork environment
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $18.00 – $25.00 per hour
The required masks, gloves, sanitizers, and face shield shall be provided for visitations.
Apply directly to: hr@VTCCmail.com