Registered Behavioral Technician
The organization remains committed to provide mental health care support during this pandemic. The candidate must be ready to provide interventions and support at home, at community, or at any other designated place. The required masks, gloves, sanitizers and face shield shall be provided for visitations.
Victoria Transcultural Clinical Center (VTCC) provides programs to children, youth and families from a range of diverse cultural, ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds in Northern Virginia. We offer a work environment built on collaboration, innovation, creativity and belonging, and our collective success grows from the robust exchange of ideas.
The Registered Behavioral Technician provides clinical skills instruction and behavior reduction protocols in home and community settings. This is a part-time opportunity (20 – 30 weekly hours) and requires driving to clients’ locations within Northern Virginia to provide ABA interventions. Working hours are after school, evenings and weekends, when needed. Candidates eligible and working toward BCaBA/BCBA are strongly encouraged to apply. This position reports to a BCBA/BCaBA Clinical Supervisor.
· Follow the treatment plan and behavior intervention plans using SKILLS ABA data collection software
· Collect and record data about client’s behavior based on observation
· Assist BCBA or BCaBA’s with behavior reduction assessment and skill acquisition plan
· Teach clients the skills specified in the treatment plans
· Nurture client’s social skills
· Communicate and collaborate with family and other involved parties on the intervention
· Maintain strict confidentiality
· Ability to work in Washington DC Metro area/ Northern Virginia
· Part time role with minimum commitment of 20 hours per week
** Since the organization remains committed to provide mental health care support during this pandemic, the candidate must be ready to provide interventions and support at home, at community, or at any other designated place. The required masks, gloves and face shield shall be provided for visitations.
· Active and valid RBT certification; or
· RBT 40-hours of course work and supervision completed and registered to take RBT exam; or
· RBT 40-hours of course work completed and eligible to sit for exam
· Bachelor’s degree in science, psychology, human services, education, or a nursing field, or currently enrolled in such a bachelor’s program, preferred
· Minimum of one year of experience working with children and/or adults diagnosed with autism-related disorders or related developmental disorders
· Experience working with individuals diagnosed with ASD and/or other developmental disabilities
· Ability to work with aggressive clients
· Effective interpersonal and communication skills with team members and clients
· Bilingual candidates in Spanish, Arabic, Korean, Vietnamese, Urdu, and Amharic among others are highly strongly encouraged to apply
· Valid driver’s license
· Reliable transportation
· Access to hotspot or Wi-Fi sharing
· Ability to drive between various locations to provide client services
· Flexibility with schedule, including evenings and weekends
· Must qualify the RBT exam within 60 days of joining the team, in this regard 40 hours of training needed for mandatory practicum will be provided including facilitation to appear in the exam. VTCC would bear the cost of study material, training, and examination.
· Highly competitive compensation on W-2 commensurate with experience and education. In addition Risk Pay would be admissible until the emergency is lifted in the state of Virginia
· In field training led by Lead Behavior Technician
· Weekly supervision by a BCBA or BCaBA
· Bi-weekly, on-going trainings
· Paid miles/travel
· Paid training
· Paid overtime for holidays
· Performance incentives
· Paid BCaBA, BCBA and RBT supervision for eligible candidates who meet qualifications
· FIT (Florida Institute of Technology graduate ABA program) approved practicum guidance
· Teamwork environment
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $22.00 – $27.00 per hour
VTCC remains committed to provide mental health care support during this pandemic, the candidate must be ready to provide interventions at home, at community, or at any other designated place. The required masks, gloves and face shields will be provided.
Apply directly to: hr@VTCCmail.com